Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Little moments

Capital Mom used to host a Monday Moments link-up that I really enjoyed participating in. It was a great reminder for me to live in the moment and to journal those little moments that may otherwise be forgotten.

I recently saw an idea for Pinterest for children to have journal beside their bed to either write or draw their favourite moment if the day before bed time. I love this idea. Since E isn't quite ready for this yet, I do still try to talk to him about our highs and lows of the day. I love these little conversations and I only hope we can always have an open relationship like this.

I recently started a new way to track little moments I want to remember. It's all part of my new journey in mindful parenting and living. So far, I've just been keeping them in a note on my phone and most of them also have a picture that I have uploaded to Instagram to go with it. I am trying to make sure I have one for each day and hope to transfer more of them here. Here are a few examples of the little moments I keep close to my heart:

  • I'm lying in E's bed with him as he drifts off to sleep. R is still up, downstairs watching sports with his Daddy. All I can here is Hubby repeating little lovable words and noises and R laughing uncontrollably. I have a permanent smile on my face. I could have have fallen asleep right then, in my bliss.
  • This morning I woke up to the sound of R's early morning babbling and peeked over the side of his bassinet. I was greeted with the biggest grin, squeals of delight and bouncing, dancing limbs. How can you have a bad day after that?
  • It has become a regular daily routine to fold laundry and give R some time to roll around on the floor around me. E is always nearby as he can not stand to be another room without me. Today he played with his cars and was making a tower of blocks. Every and any thing that came out of his mouth made R giggle. It was so fun to see them "play" together for the first time.

No comments:

Post a Comment