Tuesday, February 7, 2012

The No-Cry Sleep Method and my little interview in Canadian Family magazine

The Sleep Doula contacted me on Twitter after I replied that I had success with the No-Cry sleep method and I agreed to answer a few questions for Canadian Family magazine. 

Clips of my interview were strewn together in a spread about different sleep "training" methods titled, "A Good Night Sleep: Finding the best sleep-training option for your family".  The methods listed were Cry-it-Out, Supported, No-Cry, and Co-sleeping or Bed-sharing.  I've used a bit of each except cry-it-out (it didn't suit me and my family), but I found Elizabeth Pantley's book, The No-Cry Sleep Solution to be my best resource.  I had actually just recommended this book to a friend who is a new mother just days before the interview. In the interview, I talked a bit about how this book helped me, including:
  • Helping me become a more mindful parent and understand normal infant sleep habits
  • Effective nursing to sleep and staying asleep strategies
  • Introducing a "lovey" to ease into nap times and the day care transition
  • The importance of a night time routine and consistency from me
These are all things that worked for my family and I highly recommend this book to any new parent.

Here's a shot of the page. To read the full article pick up the March 2012 issue of Canadian Family.



I am happy with how my little interview went and how appears in print.  It's kind of neat seeing your name in a magazine!

P.S I'm loving Twitter these days but I have to admit it took me awhile to get into it.  If you are on Twitter and we haven't connected yet, be sure to send me a hello at @aliciafagan!

2 comments:

  1. Very cool - congrats. I quite liked this book and tried it diligently with the Little Man back in the day. It (or perhaps I) was a big fail for us though. Eventually we ended up doing a gentle "cry in out" method that worked for us.

    Cheers,
    Carly

    ReplyDelete
  2. SOOOO cool Alicia - you are like a celebrity! I will most definitely be coming to you for advice when the time comes :) And I'm like you - just starting to get into twitter...

    ReplyDelete