Thursday, January 5, 2012

Out with old: 2011 in review

I thought it would be fun to look back at some of the things I've accomplished, experienced, tested out this year and have to look forward to expand upon in 2012. What better way than to look back at some of my goals for 2011 to see how I measured up.

Eco-friendliness & a healthy home

I have made huge progress in this over the last 12 months.  I have switched over almost all our family's personal care products including soaps, shampoo and conditioner and toothpaste to all-natural products and it feels great. I've tried a couple deodorants but haven't had any luck - I'm still on the look out for an all-natural one that works as well as my ol' faithful chemical ridden one. Also, on the list is Hubby's shaving cream and body spray he can't seem to live without and with my heightened sense of smell these days I can't handle much longer.

I started making my own laundry detergent, but when I get to the bottom of  the jar have been known to buy an eco-friendly jug from time to time.  I also use soap nuts as a back-up. My all-natural home made detergent works well, but it needs some tweaks and I need to work on a follow-up on this.

I make all my own household cleaners using lemon, baking soda, water and vinegar and have been using Dr. Bronner's castile soaps too. I am working on an effective dishwasher detergent.

I received a brand new stainless steel cookware set for Christmas and so I was very happy to ditch my unhealthy non-stick pots and pans that I've had for years.  I'm also almost done switching over all my plastic Tupperware to glass dishes.

Fitness & Health

I had a running/walking buddy during lunch breaks throughout the summer at work that kept me motivated. With the onset of the colder weather my fitness levels have rapidly declined.  I am looking forward to getting back into the gym during my lunch breaks until the beginning of my maternity leave in May. I have a few other pre-natal activities planned in the next few months too!

I published weekly meal plans for the majority of the year which really helped our family nutrition. I am diving more into healthy meals this year - still room to improve!

Business Goals

I am getting closer and closer to making some of my business ideas a reality. Joining a great network of women has helped so much. I am so fortunate to have their support and guidance.  More on this to come in 2012!

Cheers to 2011. I'm ready to take on many new goals in 2012!

Don't worry - it's apple juice.

1 comment:

  1. What a great list of goals!!

    I still haven't found a natural deodorant I like, or a hair shampoo for me (and my thick hair!)The kids stuff works great for them, but I'm not happy with the stuff for me.

    LOVE new pots and pans! Exciting!

    Can't wait to hear more about your business goals. It's so awesome. Good luck with everything (especially baby!!) in 2012

    ReplyDelete