Friday, January 6, 2012

In with the new: Three Words for 2012

I've been reading a lot of posts about New Years resolutions. I had already thought of cutting mine down this year and focusing on a few keys areas, when I read Lara's post: Three Words. Brilliant!

Here are my Three Words for 2012

Minimize

There are a million areas I want to minimize in my life: stress, spending, waste, stuff, clutter, toxins. I will continue exploring and tackling these items throughout the year.

Pinned Image
Source

Grow

I am looking forward to growing and building on my business ideas. I also want to expand on some of my interests and learn new skills and gain more knowledge through professional training. And of course, growing as a person, wife, mother, sister and friend. There is always room to grow here.

Pinned Image
Source
Accept

Patience has always been one of my strong suits, but acceptance? Not so much. I have really grown in acceptance and have started singing a different tune in the last six months. This will continue to be something that I will keep in the forefront of my mind to guide me through tough times, stressful times and other changes in life that I may otherwise have a tough time adjusting to and accepting.
Pinned Image
Source

A friend suggested making is a vision board. I love the idea of having something to look at everyday as a reminder.  I am making it my plan to put this together this month.

What are your 2012 goals? Do you focus on theme words?

4 comments:

  1. Great words! I think one of mine would be "focus." I wrote a post about being scatterbrained, and I found that this personality trait has been a real hindrance to me in running a small business. I MUST learn to pay attention and FOCUS!! I also love your word "minimize." I think I will share that one with you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good goals! And a great idea...now to think of my three.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea of a vision board; I may have to try one myself! For me, I've been inspired to risk more, reflect more, and give more in 2012. I'm excited to see where the year takes me!

    ReplyDelete