Wednesday, January 18, 2012

A couple more toddler approved salad dressings

I've shared one of E's favourite salad dressings before - Toddler Approved Avocado Salad Dressing - and I thought I would share a couple more that we have tried that have received raving reviews from my little salad lover.

Salad dressing is something that I stopped purchasing over a year ago. I started paying attention to all the questionable ingredients and in E's case, all of the dairy ingredients.  It was only natural to start exploring with different tastes and homemade recipes. 

Regular ingredients in my house include a blend of fresh garlic, parsley, lemon, extra virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar and apple cider vinegar. Eventually I'll get around to exploring with more oils and spices, but these basic ingredients are my go-to's right now. Here are a couple other recipes that I have on a dinner rotation at our house:

Dairy-free ranch dressing

Pinned Image

Hubby and I used to LOVE ranch dressing and went through some withdrawals when we made our house dairy-free.  This is a relatively new recipe to me that I have now made numerous times.  I usually toss it with a standard garden style salad and has E asking for seconds. It is especially perfect for dipping raw veggies. I plop it down on the table when I get home at the end of the day and it holds E over until I have dinner ready.  This dressing is from one of my favourite food blogs, Adventures of a Gluten free Mom.

Tahini-lemon dressing

Pinned Image

I actually only tried this recipe for the first time last night, but it will be on a regular rotation from now on! We enjoyed it with a bok choy, apple and carrot slaw/salad and I couldn't keep E's fingers out of the bowl. Delicious. This recipe is from another favourite healthy food blog, Oh She Glows.

I hope your toddlers enjoy them just as much!

No comments:

Post a Comment