Monday, December 5, 2011

Remember when...

He remembers a lot.  I don't know why it surprises me day after day. He is getting much wiser with age and he has experienced so many new exciting things in his 2.5 years that are worth remembering. In just this past week he has said: 

Mommy, remember when...

We went to the Zeum (Museum) and we saw the dinosaurs?
You go to Couver (Vancouver) and I missed you and I went in Daddy's silver truck and looked all over for you? And I called you and said Mommy, where are you?
Daddy go to Morf Carolina (North Carolina) and I missed him and I was sad and I cried?
I go to Wolfe Island and see Grandpa driving the tractor and the wagon and I play with my cousins?
I go to the restaurant and I see my friends there?
I go to Miller's farm and get a pumpkin and Daddy get a big pumpkin too?
I see the fireworks at the Castles (Parliament buildings) and all the lights?
We put the decorations and the lights on the Christmas tree and when Daddy see it he was so happy?

Yes, I do, I say. I remember all of those things!

I say, E remember when...

Daddy and Mommy didn't have you yet?
You were but only a dream I had and only tiny flutters in my belly?
You were something I couldn't even imagine, a love I couldn't even fathom?

I can't.

2 comments:

  1. I love this post! So cute, so true, so moving. It is amazing what they will remember - it will blow your mind. When all three of my kids turned 3 1/2 or so, they shocked me by suddenly starting to talk in detail about things that had happened when they were 2 - things that had happened more than a year ago, before they were even able to talk. I guess it all gets in there somehow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your post always make me feel so warm. Your blog will be a wonderful journal for little E to read when he is older. Do you back it up?

    ReplyDelete