Monday, December 12, 2011

Growing Up

{I'm joining Capital Mom today by blogging about a moment from my life based on a theme she has provided. This week’s Monday Moment theme is Growing.}

This past week I experienced two embarrassing temper tantrums in public.

I could blame it on the overcrowded stores during this holiday season, the extra long line-ups at the cash, the jam-packed parking lots, already pressed nerves, tempting toys sitting on the shelves or just poorly timed shopping trips and outings.

The truth is he's just naturally at that stage in life where he is pushing our buttons, testing our limits and looking for more control and independence. He's growing up and we need to learn how to grow with him.

{If you are a Mother of a toddler you should watch this new video titled, "Toddlers: The Hours Are Long, The Years Are Short" by PhD in Paretning. It's exactly what I needed this week.}

3 comments:

  1. Sometimes I feel like we have to grow faster just to keep up the pace with our kids! The changes happen so fast

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does help to remember that the tantrums are all part of the process. It's not you, it's not even really them, it's just about learning about wants and delayed gratification.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Completely understand! My son is at this same stage and I am sure we will be "growing" with it for a while!

    ReplyDelete