Friday, December 23, 2011
23 days of Christmas fun!
Here is what we have been up to for the last 23 days as part of our #25daysofChristmas list of activities:
1. Attended the Illumination Ceremony on Parliament Hill. E loved it!
2. Watched Rudolph and I was surprised that the abominable snowman didn't phase E as much as I anticipated.
3. Decorated our tree.
4. Decorated the rest of our house.
5. Sang Christmas carols. He's a pro at singing Rudolph now!
6. Made a paper chain with scraps of Christmas paper to hang on our tree.
7. Made cookies - chocolate chip!
8. Wrote a letter and mailed it to Santa. E asked for a beautiful rock.
9. Painted a Christmas wooden door hanger to hang on our front door.
10. Made snowman ornaments.
11. Watched Polar Express in our pajamas and had stove top popcorn (with melted Earth Balance and sprinkled with nutritional yeast, yum!)
12. Watch a personalized Magic Santa video (a few times).
13. Made paper snowflakes and hung them from our curtains behind the tree.
14. Made more cookies - healthy version of these no-bake chocolate cookies.
15. E painted his very own home made wrapping paper (I forgot to take a picture but he used his roll of easel craft paper and painted with brushes, cookie cutters, stamps and his hands - they turned out awesome!) We also made gingerbread trail mix and have been snacking on it ever since.
16. Made even more cookies - peppermint patties - this time dairy free and for a cookie exchange with friends.
17. Made Reindeer Thumbprint Christmas cards for our friends and family.
18. Visited my family and E had a blast with all of his cousins. How cute are these boys? 6 boys in a row born within the last 31 months!
19. Had a Christmas music dance party in the living room.
20. Make homemade banana ice cream topped with berries.
21. Made a gingerbread house and a batch of gingerbread cookies.
22. Sang Christmas carols and visited in-laws for dinner. We also drove around the blocks to check out all the nice Christmas lights.
23. Made salt dough ornaments for friends and family.
There are so many things I had to switch from the original list this year, but we've had so much fun regardless. In the next couple days leading up to Christmas and the following week of holidays I hope to cross the rest off the list.
Merry Christmas Everyone!