Thursday, October 20, 2011

Happy 1st Blogiversary to me!

All because this little 'ol blog...

I've met a great group of people both online and offline. I've gone to a couple great networking events. I've learned more and more about myself everyday. I've found new passions and have started following new dreams. I've become a better parent and wife. I've found my feet all over again. And that was only the first year! 

This marks a perfect time to reflect on some of my favourite posts and posts that have meant the most to me...and hand out some awards!

The Most Popular Post award goes to "Affection".  It was the first post I wrote for the Carnival of Natural Parenting with the Natural Parents Network.  I am so glad I decided to join this carnival. I have learned so much about my own parenting style and how I can be a more mindful parent.

The Most Helpful Post award goes to "Postpartum Gift Ideas" which was also a post written for the Carnival of Natural Parenting. It is also the most searched for post on my blog.  I am proud of this post and I'm happy to find that people find it useful.

My Favourite Post award goes to "So much fun together", which I wrote in part of Capital Mom's Monday Moments. It isn't my favourite because it is well written or popular. It's my favourite for the memory I have saved and can re-read again and again. It still brings tears to my eyes and still does every time he says this to me out of the blue.  The theme for that Monday Moment was Arms and boy, did I wrap my arms around and squeeze him that day!

And then there is all the posts I've written over the year that may not deserve an award, but that I love to reflect on.  I've written some posts about who I am, where I'm from and what life events have molded me - good and bad; about growing up on the farm in a family off 11 children and sharing these experiences with E.  I still have a lot more to say, including some input from my Mom that I'm excited to share.

I've chatted a lot about my views and choices on different natural parenting topics like circumcision, sleeping and nursing and letting your child "blossom" on their own. And also my views on birth and those who are trying to normalize it.

But most of all, I love to journal E's milestones and our little everyday experiences. 

Thanks for reading, even if my posts can be very sporadic and all over the map at times. This year has been all about finding my voice and following my instincts. I have some exciting posts coming up and look forward to another year of ME!

5 comments:

  1. Happy first blogiversary! What a milestone! And I love what you did here today. It's a really neat roundup. I have to come back when I have time to read it all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Andrea! It was fun to write and look back :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me too! I just read this over, but I"m going to head back tonight to read some of your past posts :) Happy Blogiversary!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Blogiversary! What a fantastic idea :) Here's to another year of blogging greatness!

    ReplyDelete