Wednesday, October 19, 2011

2.5 years old

Today, E turned 30 months. I just can't believe I have a 2.5 year old! I'm taking tonight to remember some of the really cute things he says and does at this age. 

Some words that he says so adorably that I never want him to learn the correct pronunciation:

Bana = Banana
Hang-ga-burr = Hamburger
Oat-ba-neal = Oatmeal
Lellow - Yellow
Zeum - Museum

What he's trying to say:

I'm sorry, Mommy. I didn't know you.  =  I'm sorry, Mommy. I didn't see you (when he bumps into me by mistake or is trying to pass by)
What you sayin’ to me? =  What do you mean? (when he doesn’t understand a word or phrase I say)

Things he says often that are too cute:

I so sorry! You want my to kiss it better? – when he knows that we are hurting
How about.... – when he’s thinking
Remember when... - when he's still thinking
Put my down! – when he wants to walk all by himself
Daddy said no to me! – when he is tattle-tailing
Phew! That was close - said usually when he is on adventure
Watch this little trick! - when he is showing me some kind of dangerous move or jump
Don't leave, I gonna miss you - whenever one of us leaves his side
What I my eat for my lunch? – a question he asks everyday when I’m making dinner
We have so much fun together, right? - when he wants to melt my heart
Eggs, bacon, sausage, chicken, noodles, pickles, hang-ga-burr and ketchup – his menu when asked what he wants to eat

He continues to amaze us and we often find ourselves looking at eachother dumbfounded thinking where the heck did he learn that or how the heck does he know that?! He remembers things better than I do and will bring up events from months ago. Like tonight while eating snack he says to me, "Remember when I see the dinosaurs at the zeum (museum) and I see the T-Rex? That was fun looking at it, right Mommy?" which is something we did MONTHS ago. Like I said, he just amazes me.

2 comments:

  1. I have a draft post going similar to this ... as I was just saying to my husband the other day, I should have a video recorder going 24/7 on my 3 y/o. I am a true believer that they were brought into our life to make us laugh and so we can see the world from a different, simpler perspective.

    I am glad you are enjoying this age... its definitely FUN when they communicate their thoughts and emotions so clearly.

    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 2.5 birthday E.! This is a great idea - write down all the cute things he says. I think I will do this for A. tonight in her baby book. I've been neglecting that thing!

    ReplyDelete