Friday, September 9, 2011

Summer of Awesome Wrap-up

Summer of Awesome, hosted by Turtlehead


Wow, has it really been almost two months since I listed all the things we wanted to do this summer? I need more time!

This summer was so busy with both Hubby's and I's work schedules.  I practically worked through my vacation while E was home from daycare.  He quickly learned how to play musical swivel chairs around my workplace and whose office to raid to find the sports equipment and toys.  But we did manage to get out and knock a number of things off our list.

Lynn over at Turtlehead started this Summer of Awesome project and it is just what I need to motivate me to schedule in some family fun.  I didn't knock off as much as I would have liked this year. More often than not, we would just head to the splash pad for a morning or afternoon, which was just fine with us, but I love being a tourist in my own city.


We made a last minute decision to go to Valleyview Little Animal Farm one day and we had a blast. I wrote about that adventure here and it was also featured on Kids in the Capital, here. We are planning on visiting Ray's Reptile Zoo this fall. In the end, we kind of failed in the Animals & Zoo department this year. All the better for him to enjoy zoo's next year as a 3 year old!

We went to the Canadian Museum of Nature and I wrote about that adventure here. That's one place I don't think E will get sick of and I especially love that they have free admission Thursday evenings. I can't wait to take him to the National Art Gallery and to see Maman this Fall.

We visited the Calypso waterpark and I wrote about that here.  We also made it to 5 different splash pads in total this summer.  We haven't made it to Saunders Farm yet, so I am guessing we will just wait for the Fall season. We also played a lot of baseball and soccer in the park.

We went to a friend's cottage and camped out.  I was hoping to camp again this summer, but we ran out of time.  We went for a hike at Mud Lake and I'm looking forward to our upcoming hike and picnic in Gatineau. 

We went to the Carp farmers market with a friend and picked up some great stuff. I especially loved the corn on the cob and E was a fan of the fresh grapes and chocolate macaroon and the visit to the splash pad after. We were able to enjoy a few Sunday's at Landsdowne Farmers Market and many trips to the Parkdale market. I was also spoiled and brought home lots of produce from my brother's organic gardens each time I visited.

We clearly have a lot more exploring to do. Thanks Lynn, for your encouragement!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a totally awesome Summer of Awesome! We also had a great summer even though we didn't get to half the stuff on our list. I'm already looking forward to next year!

    ReplyDelete