Monday, August 8, 2011

I like to move it, move it

Without a babysitter I was forced to bring E along to a dear friend's bridal shower.  I prayed that there would be other children there. There was and I was relieved.  When we arrived, he wrapped his arms around my leg and hid his face in his usual "shy" behaviour".  I knew it wouldn't take long for him to warm-up to the group. 

It was tough to enjoy the celebration while I was constantly watching over him; making sure he didn't break something, act out, or make a scene when the future bride was talking. I shouldn't worry to much about what others think.  He was really well behaved.

As the party starting coming to a close I felt more relaxed as the crowds cleared.  We sat outside with a table full of stragglers and E kept busy in the yard, following my friends young niece, a few years his elder. We watched as he copied her moves and chased her around the yard. Climbing up the stairs and down. Crawling through the gazebo and on top of the turned-upside-down ice bucket. Spinning around in circles.  His excitement grew as he kept up. So thrilled with chase that he broke out in song and dance.  "I like to move it, move it! I like to movie it, it!", he chanted as he moved quickly around the yard and danced on top of the ice bucket. We all watched and laughed.  I laughed so hard, tears formed in my eyes. How quickly he went from not wanting to be noticed, to stealing the show.

I'm joining Capital Mom today by blogging about a moment from my life based on a theme she has provided. This week’s Monday Moment theme is Dancing.

2 comments:

  1. That is so cute!! I can't wait to see the little man when I get back in 2 weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is awesome. My girl is like that. She is shy at first but as soon as she feels comfortable, watch out!

    ReplyDelete