Tuesday, July 19, 2011

My Summer of Awesome

Summer of Awesome, hosted by Turtlehead


I'm a little late getting to this, but there was no way I was not going to join in this fun! Lynn over at Turtlehead started a Summer of Awesome project and it is just what I need to motivate me to check off some of my bucket list items for this summer.  I just (kinda) started a 2 week vacation so I'm hoping to get started on a number of these things.  My Summer of Awesome list will be acting more like a bucket list - all the things I really want to do, but I know some will have to wait until next summer or so on. I have high hopes, but having a toddler makes me so excited to experience these things with.  I will post updates as we check things off our list.

Animals & Zoos
Will it be the Toronto Zoo, Granby Zoo, or Ray's Reptile Zoo? Maybe the Montreal Biodome. Who knows, but we hope to hit atleast one up this summer!

Education & Sight Seeing
I'm not sure if E is quite old enough for this place yet, but maybe Storyland.  I've been dying to go to the Canadian Museum of Nature. I'm sure he would love the Children's Museum. He loves looking a pictures and colours so I can't wait to take him to the National Art Gallery and of course to see Maman. The Wakefield Steam Train sounds really cool and perhaps this AAAAAAAAALL ABOARD! event at the Cumberland Heritage Village Museum on July 24.

Sports & Activities
Blue Jays or Fat Cats game
Waterpark - Calypso or Mont Cascades
Lots of splash pad visits
Go mini-putting again (we went on Father's Day and had a blast!)
Saunders Farm

Outdoors & Wilderness
Camping (even if it's in my parents yard on the farm).
Hike and picnic in Gatineau Hills
Go to a friend's cottage
Brittania Beach - we went today!
Petrie Island
Mud Lake
Big Sandy Bay - already went once this year!
Mer Bleue wetlands
Public outdoor swimming - across the street!

Food
Berry picking and lots of baking
Carp farmers market
Sunday's at Landsdowne and Parkdale markets

These are just a few (HA!) of the things on my family friendly list. What are your plans for this summer?

1 comment:

  1. Great list! I like your format, too, so easy to read.

    We had the Wakefield Steam Train on our list too, but apparently it has been closed for the rest of this season. All the rain back in June washed out part of the track and they won't be able to fix it this summer. Hopefully it's back next year.

    ReplyDelete