Friday, July 8, 2011

I'm passionate, so shoot me

“The way you get meaning into your life is to devote yourself to loving others, devote yourself to your community around you, and devote yourself to creating something that gives you purpose and meaning.” - Mitch Albom

I am passionate about certain things - this you know and can tell about how I write about them.  Although my interests have shifted throughout my life, I have always found things that fuel me. Something I have always struggled with is SHARING my passion. I forget that my passions may not at all interest a friend. I struggle with too much information sharing or blabbing about these passions and later I think to myself, "God, they must think I'm nuts! Why did I blab about that stuff so much. Alicia, know when to shut up - they don't care!". I've gone over conversations in my head and dwelled on them and hated myself for being so annoying.

"Anyone can dabble, but once you've made that commitment, your blood has that particular thing in it, and it's very hard for people to stop you." - Bill Cosby

You know what is awesome? When you find others that share your passion. Or when others embrace your passion and support it. When you feel like you belong.  THAT is awesome. Blogging is where it's at for me.

"Passion is energy. Feel the power that comes from focusing on what excites you." - Oprah Winfrey

I can sometimes tell when I talk to someone who maybe hasn't found their passion yet or is unhappy or confused about their path or purpose. They don't share your enthusiasm, engage in the conversation by asking questions, lock eyes with you and smile as you blab.  This is what I try to do when I listen to someone who is clearly passionate about something. Because I respect that. I get it.

“Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music." - Angela Monet

I've finally come to realize something. I'm not nuts. This is healthy. I'm just a freakin' passionate person.  Don't be a hater. If you don't have a passion - why not? Go find your passion and then you'll understand. Everyone needs a little passion in their life.

“Nothing great in the world has ever been accomplished without passion." - Hebbel

2 comments:

  1. It IS awesome when you find someone who shares your passion or who can embrace and support your passion. I love listening to people talk about their passions... I love seeing their eyes light up as they talk... Everyone should have a passion...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blogging, and the world that comes with it, totally my passion :)

    I'm glad you love it :)

    ReplyDelete