Saturday, June 18, 2011

What do you do?

What do you do when things don't go your way?
When you are looking forward to something so much and then are let down?
When schedules change and last minute things come up and ruin your day?

What do you do?

Do you sit on the coach and loathe in self-pity?
Do you hold your face in your hands and cry?
Do you curse the universe?
Do you take it out on the person you love?

What do you do?

Do you take advantage of the time for something new?
Do you use the time for yourself?
Do you take advice from your best friend and run a bubble bath, pop some popcorn and watch a SITC marathon?
Do you call up some friends for a night out?
Do you fill your face with junk food?
Do you clean your house?

It's hard to jump from one extreme to another. It's hard to overcome the pain inside. It's hard looking beyond. It's hard to see the bright side.  It's hard dealing with disappointments time and time again.  It's just hard.

What do you do?

3 comments:

  1. I reconnect.
    I take a moment to breath deep and then I look into the eyes of the 4 little people who look to me to see how I handle disappointments and frustrations. I allow their trust to seep into every part of me. I absorb their love.

    And then I carry on with a smile on my face.

    You're right: it IS hard. But would you believe that it gets easier?

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh this doesn't sound like you had a very good moment recently. i wish i could say that i am all zen and "one door opens when another closes" sort of person. i'm not. i usually freak, sit and cry and blame the universe. not terribly mature i know. something i need to work on.

    i hope you were able to work through whatever it was.

    - smothermother (Julie)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can send a rant e-mail to your sister if that helps any.... Hope you're doing all right there pinka! Just remember to keep calm and carry on! And always remember that stressed spelled backwards in desserts - baking always helps me get my mind off of frustrations. Plus eating the stuff you make is always a surefire way to ease the pain!

    ReplyDelete