Friday, June 3, 2011

Like Father, Like Son

Or monkey see, monkey do.
Or the apple doesn't fall too far from the tree.
Or LORD HELP ME.


Hubby: What's for dinner, hun?
E: What you makin', Mommy?
Me: *grumble*


Me: Come on, wake up, let's go!
Hubby: Just 20 more minutes, I promise.
E: I sleepin', Mommy. I cuddle Daddy.


Me: What's up for today?
Hubby: (something along these lines) I have a hockey game at this time, then another game at this time (and so on)
E: I Sydney Crosby. I skate fast! I shoot de puck! I score on the goaler!


Last Year - Olympics 2010

Me: We have to do this or go here (insert activity that they don't want to do)
Hubby: Ah really, why don't you just go/do. I neep a nap.
E: No way, Mommy! (lies down) I sleeping.


Me: Time for dinner. Come home/come inside.
Hubby (on his cell from the golf course): I JUST finished my round, having and beer and I'll be home in a bit.
E (from the yard): No, I wanna play golf. I wanna shoot the ball.


Last Summer - 2010


Me: What do you want to eat for dinner?
E: I want Lonestar. I want chips and dip. I want rice. I want steak.
Hubby: Let's go out for dinner.  How about Lonestar?
(We went to Lonestar when my sister was visiting a month ago and E has requested it ever since.)


Hubby: Where's my baseball glove, dress shirt, swim suit (insert anything here, really)
E: Where's my ball, Mommy? Where's my toys, Mommy?
Me: Right where you left them, my dears.

Last weekend - May 2011

Hubby: I love my boy. He's my best friend.
Me: Who's your best friend, buddy?
E: Daddy!


Last weekend - May 2011


3 comments:

  1. Awwwww...that is SOOOOO cute! You must keep in mind that the boys who play together will also WORK together. Father and son can mow the lawn, weed the garden, lift all sorts of heavy things. Oh! How exciting it will be in a couple of years to come home from grocery shopping and say "Boys! Bring in the groceries!". I have three delicate girls. I'm going to be hauling groceries and mowing the lawn forever!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at those CHEEKS! Your son is ridiculously CUTE! Fun post.

    ReplyDelete