Thursday, May 19, 2011

What I have learned from blogging so far

I started blogging almost 7 months ago and I have learned so much in this short time from both writing and reading others work.

"Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself." - George Bernard Shaw

I saw the above quote over the weekend and it really stuck with me.  I made a vow to myself when I started this blog that it would be an outlet for me.  Something that I can use to document and journal my thoughts and feelings. Something that will help me create more happiness in my life. And in creating this happiness, I have learned so much. Especially about myself.

Some of things I have learned so far are:

That there are women out there that are as passionate (and more so) about natural pregnancy, birth and parenting topics as I am and I no longer feel like an alien.

That other mother's struggle with the elusive "balance" and just hanging out or "being" with their family and partner.

That I love to write (even though my writing could use a lot of work).

That other mother's struggle with the best stategies of manners, milestones and sleeping habits too.

That "momprenuership" is something that appeals to me even more so now that I have read so many positive stories and experiences.

That writing things down keeps me accountable and motivated, even though I have failed on some things (I'm only human!).

That there are some pretty awesome things to do in this city with kids and I want to try them all.

That cooking and baking are so much more fun when you can share and gain recipes with/from others.

That motherhood is all about support and community and Ottawa has some of the best.

That social media is pretty awesome.

And that is not all.  I have so much more to learn.

First up, a Twitter Workshop with Lara.  Then, the Social Capital conference to learn from some pretty awesome people that I have been admiring. Yeah, I just said pretty awesome three times in this post.

Starting this blog was my first step and now I feel like I'm finally kicking into gear.  Dreams of entrepreneurship consume me and I am finally taking some steps forward. 

Thank you to my few readers that have followed along in my journey so far.  And thank you to all of those bloggers that continue to inspire me everyday.  I'm so glad I found you!

4 comments:

  1. Blogging really is about discovery. About ourself and others.

    You have learnt some great things so far!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also fell in love with the same quote a few years ago, and now have a nice reminder of it tattooed on me, I love it! So happy to read you're enjoying your many blogging experiences, you're also inspiring others :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll be at the Social Media Conference too - looking forward to meeting you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't blogging the bestest? YAYA for learning new things and finding support!

    ReplyDelete