Saturday, April 30, 2011

So, we aren't moving

Yeah. So all that talk about moving? Scratch that.

Our landlord posted our place on Grapevine and hasn’t had any luck selling it. If you ask us, it’s way over-priced. Especially because there are exact same places in our neighbourhood on sale on the same site listed much cheaper.

It’s been quite a roller coaster ride this last month. From being told we need to be out within two months, to preparing the house for showings, to talking with a mortgage broker, to crunching numbers. A whole lot of unneeded stress.

Our landlord has asked us to sign a lease for 10 more months and after much debate and anguish we have decided to take her up on her offer. Believe me, if we could buy, we would. There is nothing worse that agreeing to stay to help pay someone’s else’s mortgage off. I get that.

But the truth is, we aren’t ready to buy. We aren’t in a position to, YET.

Even though we are outgrowing this space and would love more room, we like it here. Just 10 more months to get our ducks all in a row and I think we’ll be ready.

This also means that I get to spruce up our place a little more since we had it painted in January. I’ve put my home decorating ideas on hold lately, but since we will be staying for a while longer I think it’s safe to continue. I also have some ideas to make more room here and so I have a few projects on the go now.

Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment