Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Knowing Me, Knowing You - March 2011

I noticed a few others joining the Fairy Blogmother this month in her Knowing Me, Knowing You link-up so I decided to play along.

1. Do you consider yourself a foodie?

No, but I do love and appreciate food.  I love to cook and try new recipes almost weekly.  My friends and I have a monthly dinner club.  That's as close as "refined interest" as I get. 

2. Are you a spender or a saver?

Most definitely a saver.  I am not a buyer of stuff.  I carefully plan out what I am going to buy and plan for these purchases.  I am the complete opposite of a compulsive buyer.  Even before I make a purchase I need to hold the item in my hand and walk around the store for a while thinking about my purchase.  I ask myself.  Do I really need it? Will I get a lot of use out of it?  Can I find a better deal somewhere else? 80% of the time I will walk out of a store empty-handed intending to find a better deal or sleep on it. 'Tis the life of a woman on a budget.

3. What was the last movie you saw?

Kid movie - Madagascar with little E on Saturday.  He laughed out loud and giggled about it for a whole day when Alex the lion walked through a spider web.  That made my day.
Adult movie - Life As We Know It maybe 3 weeks ago with Hubby.  It was slow at times, but I liked it and I love Katherine Heigl.

4. What is the closest book to you?

Something Borrowed by Emily Giffin.  I borrowed it from a friend MONTHS ago and I still haven't got past the first chapter.  I've been meaning to read this series forever but there always seems like something more important to do than sit down a read.

5. Do you celebrate St. Patrick's Day?

Not really.  It is actually the anniversary of the date Hubby and I started dating and this year marked 10 years.  Hubby had to work so instead I dressed little E in all green to go to day care and for dinner I made green waffles and for dessert I made a fruit rainbow. I like the idea of celebrating the Irish culture because Hubby's family is Irish but I never understood the excuse for everyone to get sloshed.

That's all folks!

2 comments:

  1. I'm quite certain I read "Something Borrowed" but honestly, it wasn't riveting enough that I even remember the plot line. Maybe replace that one with the Mini-Shopaholic. I haven't read that one, but come on, it's Sophie Kinsella, it's gotta be good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on 10 years!

    Stopping by from the blog hop!
    http://justwannabeabloggy.blogspot.com/2011/03/knowing-me-knowing-you.html

    ReplyDelete