Friday, March 25, 2011

Fancy That! Friday

Here are some things that either caught my eye or got me really thinking this week...

What's your take on the new car seat regulations?  Little E is almost two so I am not worrying about it now...but I think they are going to have to start redesigning car seats.  We moved him around at 13 months because he was getting so tall that his legs were really cramped which was making it really uncomfortable for him.

Little E is fascinated by You Tube videos of animals lately.  His favourite are of crocodiles, cows and spiders.  The only problem is with You Tube there are a lot of inapproprate videos for children.  Crocodiles viciously eating other animals, people screaming over a spider and cow tipping are things I don't really want him to see.  I found this link for Zui Tube through Twitter and it is great alternative!

Do you have a lot of stuff? I've been de-cluttering like mad lately, but there is still a lot to go.  Spring is a perfect time to ship out your clutter and I'll be working really hard on this in the next couple months since we will be moving (more on this topic later, sigh).  I was talking to my sister  the other night and she told me she is working on the whole minimalst thing.  Her friends are all buying the newest gadgets and she seems to be regressing by getting rid of things like her cell phone.  I like it.  I can relate to this article on being a minimalist mom and I'm looking forward to reading more.

Hubby is obsessed with sushi lately and I came across this recipe to make my own. I think I may have to try it even though I'm not a huge fan.  To his surprise, not even a fancy lunch date at a sushi place won me over.

This article was a gentle reminder to be a mindful parent.

The Pregnant Chicken did it again.  Last time it was weird maternity photos, this time she showcases the oddest and creepiest baby shower cakes.  Hilarious.

What jumped out at you this week?

1 comment:

  1. This is why it's important to me to read blogs! I didn't know about the new car seat regulations! I have a 9 month old that I've been dreaming of turning forward in a few months. Huh. Maybe not?

    And purging! Me too. I'm moving out of town in July, and need to sell my house in the coming weeks. The STUFF that has gone out our door to prepare for showings has been ... liberating! The thought of keeping the place clean all the time, with three kids, has been terrifying!

    ReplyDelete