Friday, January 7, 2011

Shoeless Joe

Is it normal for a child to always want their shoes off as soon as they get in the car? Especially in the winter?! I am wondering if this is just a phase or if I am going to be saying, "Don't take your boots off in the car! Keep your socks on! Where did your sock go? Don't throw your boots!" forever. I have even spoken to him in a very reasonable grown-up kind of way. This little devil of mine can't keep his boots/socks/shoes on and I can't for the life of me get through to him! Perhaps I should take him out of the car and place him on the frozen ground in his bare feet? Maybe then he'll get the hint? With my luck he'll find that funny and try to do it on his own.

Last night after doing some running around (we picked up our paint, yay!), Hubby offered to get the stuff out of the trunk while I unloaded little E.

"You take care of Shoeless Joe", he said.

So for the sixth time in a day I put his socks and boots on and explained to him the importance and reasonings behind footwear. Oh, the joys of toddlerhood.

4 comments:

  1. the jellybean shakes hit boots of as often as possible. i think it's one of those grin and bare it kinda things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. None of my children like socks. The twins are good enough to keep them on until we are at home (or at Granny's house). Sarah, on the other hand, hears the click of the car seat buckle and immediately takes off her boots and socks. There's no stopping her!

    Hmmm...this is not the most encouraging response, I guess. Sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha well at least I'm not the only one. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our little one is coming up to 14 months, an has never worn shoes. I tried getting some on him in the store, but he was really distressed :(
    After reading your post, I'm wondering whether it's a battle worth fighting!

    ReplyDelete