Although, we fell off the wagon a couple times in these last days due to busy work schedules and some much needed shopping time, I'm really happy with how things worked out. I already provided an update on our first 13 days, so here is an update of days 14-23.
14. Mail our Christmas cards. This didn't really involve the family as a whole because I ended up doing it on my own, but I'm happy that I scheduled myself in some time so I could get the job done this year.
15. Curl up with blankets and read Christmas stories before bed. Little E and Hubby enjoyed this one together with some books that we got at the library. It's amazing how exciting a kid gets when you throw blankets on the floor. I enjoyed a evening out (and a Milestones Bellini) with some friends that were in town.
16. We were supposed to get our baking done, but instead scheduled in a trip to Michaels for some Christmas shopping.
17. I ended up doing more Christmas shopping and cleared out our closets to donate some old clothing to donate.
18. Go crazy carpeting. I picked up a twister (saucer) and we had an awesome time going down the hill at the park. I think I had more fun than little E, especially running back up the hill time and time again once little E was no longer interested. Hubby was happy to give me a strong push down the hill and see me hopelessly flip off. Even the dog got a ride on the twister! That afternoon I got my baking done for my cookie swap, which I completely left to the last minute. However, the Flourless Chocolate Snow Mountains turned out great. And, I think I've gained 10 pounds from all eating nearly every cookie I received in the swap.
19. Visit my family for Christmas. We had a great visit and little E loved playing with his cousins and seeing Grandma and Grandpa. He was completely pooped at the end of the day and slept the whole way home. He was a little over-stimulated by all presents and the craziness from a house of 24 people and so we were up all night with a cranky over-tired little man. Sigh.
Poor kid. I actually feel really bad.
I liked last year's Santa much better. He had a real beard and wasn't busy talking on his blackberry when we approached him.
What a perfect little angel (that had no idea what was going on).
Oh well, some funny pictures to share with family and friends and to show the grandkids some day :)
There are a few things that we didn't get around to that I originally had on our 25 Days of Christmas list, but hopefully we still have time to do some before I go back to work in the new year.
I can't wait to see little E's reactions to his gifts Christmas morning and I'm looking forward to the next couple days with Hubby's family and building on our new tradition.