Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Dinner Diaries - Week of Dec 20

We had a very eventful weekend and I'm finally getting time to sit down and write this out. Here is what is on the menu this week:

Monday - Roasted chicken, potato wedges and peas
Tuesday - Beef stir fry with carrots, baby corn, broccoli and brown rice
Wednesday - Butternut Squash Soup, whole wheat buns
Thursday - Salmon loaf and pasta salad
Friday - Stuffed peppers with ground beef, tomatoes and orzo pasta

Thursday's salmon loaf is an extremely easy dish that my Mom used to make and that I have been making on my own since I left home for college. I'm glad little E loves it too, because I rarely make it when Hubby is around. He's not a salmon lover. Here is the recipe.

Salmon Loaf

Ingredients:
2 cups toasted bread crumbs (4 slices)
2 cans of salmon
1 small onion
3 tbsp butter
1 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
1 tbsp flour
1/4 cup chopped celery
2 tbsp green pickle, chopped (optional)
1 cup milk

Directions:
Grease 1 1/2 quart casserole with butter. Place bread crumbs on bottom. Remove oil, skin and bones from salmon (or buy boneless, skinless) and flake with fork. Place salmon on top of bread. Soften butter in a sauce pan. Add onion and stir gently until cooked for a few minutes. Add salt, pepper and flour and let bubble. Add milk and cook until smooth. Add celery and pickles and pour over salmon. Bake at 375 for 30 min.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. oooh yum! we'll have to try this. i think the jellybean would really like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure he will!

    P.S. I realized tonight after I made it that I forgot flour under the list of ingredients, even though it is mentioned in the directions :)

    ReplyDelete