Tuesday, November 2, 2010

What a rush!

I'm in a hurry to get things done
Oh, I rush and rush until life's no fun
All I really gotta do is live and die
But, I'm in a hurry and don't know why
~ Alabama ~

This month I am going to try improving and minimizing our family's hectic schedule. We are always rushing around.  Rushing to get up and get ready for work and day care.  Rushing to get work done before the end of the work day. Rushing to get home.  Rushing to get dinner ready.  Rushing to get to different activities. Rushing to get little E to bed on time.

Hubby is sick with a bad cold this week.  I've been telling him to slow down - all that rushing around and built up stress is bound to bring you down sooner or later.  We need to learn to stop and smell the roses. Besides, there are a ton of studies that show that parent's stress rubs off on children.  We don't want that for little E.  We also don't want him to follow in our footsteps.  Yep, this rushing has got to stop!

First step - stop pushing the snooze button.  Oh, this is going to hurt - but it's for my own good!

2 comments:

  1. Oh I hit that snooze button every morning and then I regret it because Im rushing around like a maniac!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to my life! It's going to be tough to adjust!

    ReplyDelete