Thursday, November 18, 2010

Sisters

There are four of us and we are all so different.

Worrisome
Laid back
Sensitive
Unfazed
Organized
Impulsive
Thoughtful
Forgetful

I’m the forgetful one. I forget how fortunate I am to have supportive, loving sisters. Born friends.

I receive phone calls from my oldest sister that just wants to chat. It takes me days or weeks to call her back because I get too wrapped up in my busy life. Come to think of it, I haven't heard from her in a while. She probably gave up on me.

I received a handmade friendship bracelet on my birthday from a younger sister. She also brings me small gifts from her travels. A necklace I wear every day is from her. I should tell her that.

I receive supportive messages and care packages in the mail from my youngest sister that is living across the country. I recently received a beautiful pashmina and a small tag on it reads:
“We are here to love each other, serve each other and uplift each other.”


I think this message was meant as a wake-up call!

5 comments:

  1. I always wanted a sister, but have 2 brothers instead. Sigh. I am sooo happy that I have three girls. Hopefully, they will be as supportive as you and your sisters are, and will forgive each other for their flaws...especially forgetfulness. Because the most important "characteristic" is love.

    I like my brothers, but don't speak to them often enough (despite living minutes away from each other). But I know, without a shadow of a doubt, that if I needed them, they would drop everything and RUN to me. I suspect the same is true of you and your sisters. Aren't we lucky?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reading this, I wish I had sisters! Very sweet! I have a feeling they forgive your forgetfulness :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gwen - does it help that I also have 7 brothers? Haha. I'm sure your daughters will grow up to be the best of friends. We are very lucky.
    Ash - you can be my sister :) What's another one in the mix anyways? Haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are you serious??? SEVEN brothers??? (I kinda feel like Maria in the Sound of Music ... "SEVEN children?!").

    ReplyDelete
  5. You got it - 7 boys and 4 girls!

    ReplyDelete