Friday, November 5, 2010

Mommy Time

I think it is so important for Mom's to get out of the house.  Whether it’s out for a run or to get your hair done or a night out with your friends - it makes you feel human again.  For the first few months of little E's life I craved this, but at the same time didn't want to leave my baby.  I wish I took advantage of it more often. I was too stubborn, independent and worrisome.  Next time around - I'll remember this. 

November is looking like a great month for Mommy Time!

This weekend I am heading to the Wine & Food Show with my girlfriends. I've wanted to go the last couple of years but never got around to it. I'm so excited for a night out with the ladies.  Hubby will also be out that night with his friends so we have enlisted Grandma (my mother-in-law) to babysit.  It will also be little E's first sleepover at Grandma's without us.  I'm a little nervous, but I know he is in capable hands. We are very fortunate to have a reliable babysitter when needed (or wanted).  I have a feeling that no matter how groggy I feel after an evening of stuffing my face I'll be over at Grandma's first thing in the morning!

2 comments:

  1. It really is important to get out, I remember tearing my hair out spending days on end at home with baby, as often as not in tears by the time Daddy got home. When our second was due this summer, I spent ages making lists of stuff to do out of the house with a baby - found so much that I started blogging about it :).

    Good luck with leaving your little one with Grandma - our first time leaving our 20 month old was while I was in hospital for the second! I was soooo happy to see her again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sasha – I was the exact same way for the first few months. I found the days long and depressing if I didn’t have plans. Even if it was just a 30 minute sing-along class at the library – at least I was getting out of the house and I had something to look forward to. Great idea to start blogging about all your ideas – I wish I had started my blog months ago!
    And there is nothing better than seeing your smiling baby run to you with open arms after being away for a night. He was just fine without us – but I still missed him so much.

    ReplyDelete