Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Don't say anything at all

We were at Hubby's hockey game on Saturday and waiting for him to come out of the dressing room. Little E had already visited Daddy in the room and came out proudly holding a hockey stick. It was so cute watching him struggle with the over-sized stick and he was keeping himself busy trying to shoot a puck around the lobby. My friend and I looked at eachother and thought - what a great photo opportunity! As we both had our heads down searching for the camera application on our Blackberries, little E calls my name.

In comes random man.

"Mommy is busy playing on her phone", he says. Too which I quickly and calmly replied, "Actually, I'm trying to take a picture of him". There are many ways I could have replied, but that's not my nature. Maybe I should have reminded him of something I'm sure his Mother had told him many times when he was younger. "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all!"

For what it's worth, here is the only picture I was able to take in my fit of rage. I thought it was a cute moment, but apparently in trying to capture this moment I was a unfit Mother.


2 comments:

  1. What a jerk! Isn't it disappointing that we think of all the clever things we could say well AFTER the incident?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell me about it! I'm still fuming!

    ReplyDelete