Monday, November 8, 2010

Dinner Diary - Week of Nov 8

My poor little guy wasn’t feeling like himself this weekend.  I think his molars are pushing through.  We haven’t been getting much sleep in our house the last few days. 

I made a little treat to cheer him up on Friday - Whole Wheat Banana Blueberry Mini-Muffins. He loved them. It’s hard finding recipes that accommodate his milk and soy protein allergy so I used an easy blueberry muffin recipe and swapped a bunch of the ingredients.  Canola/Sunflower oil instead of butter, whole wheat flour instead of all purpose flour, vanilla rice milk instead of milk and I added in banana because I only had ¾ cup blueberries left.  They turned out really tasty. 

Saturday morning we still went ahead with our plans to go to the Animal Barns at the Canada Agriculture Museum even though he was a little cranky.  The barns are open for free during the winter – so we are definitely going to take advantage of that this winter.  I love that even though we live in the city, there are farms close by to visit and it smells feels a little like home for awhile.  Little E just loves farm animals and it was so cute watching him walk around making all the animal noises.  He was so excited as soon as we pulled in the parking lot and saw the “barn!”.  I should mention that he thinks all large buildings we drive by are barns – so he was extra excited that I agreed with him this time.  Usually I’m saying, “No, that’s a store” or “No, that’s a church”.  As soon as we got out of the car a seagull landed on the ground ahead of us.  He was so excited to see his first animal of the day he pointed and yelled “goose!” Ha ha – Hubby and I had a good laugh.  We did a couple laps of the barns and especially loved the big Hampshire pigs and work horses.

Weekends go by way too fast…

And so we have started another busy week and here is our dinner plan:

Monday – grilled rainbow trout, brown rice pilaf, steamed broccoli
Tuesday – roast beef, mashed potatoes, corn
Wednesday – spaghetti and turkey meatballs with pureed veggie sauce
Thursday – chicken fajitas and Spanish rice and beans
Friday – Going to a friend’s house for my monthly Dinner Club (yeah!)

Pre-baby, Hubby and I usually cut the carbs out of our dinners entirely.  Now we just go easy on the carbs because it's important for me to make them for little E. 

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment