Monday, November 15, 2010

Dinner Diary - Week of Nov 15

I'm late getting to this post today. It was a fun eventful weekend, but without much planning so I am a little behind.

Tonight we had some yummy salmon cakes for dinner . Little E usually loves them but pushed them aside. He's been doing that a lot lately. I keep telling myself that it's just a phase. This weekend he pushed away one of his favourite dishes - homemade crockpot chili. But after making him stay at the table while I ate and ignoring his stubbornness he finally joined in and had two full bowls. Someone is looking for independence and control!

We did some substitutions on last weeks meal plan, like skipping the roast and having leftovers on Tuesday night but so far we have been sticking to our plans and these meal plans have been working out great.

Here is our schedule for these week.

Monday - Salmon cakes and pasta salad
Tuesday - Orange glazed ham, carrots and potatoes
Wednesday - Ginger chicken stirfry with brown rice
Thursday - Steak on the bbq, roasted sweet potatoes, corn
Friday - Homemade crockpot chili (frozen from the weekend)

I'm hooked on mini muffins right now and made some banana oatmeal ones this weekend. They are a great hand-sized treat for little E. I'm currently looking up some chocolate cookies or muffins recipes that I can alter for little E.

No comments:

Post a Comment