I’ve tried to put our activities in order as best as I can foresee for now, keeping in mind we may need to swap them around a little. There will be times that little E and myself will be the only ones doing the activity or when Hubby and little E will be doing them on their own or Hubby and I will be on our own once little E is in bed - but this house is participating no matter what!
Our family's 25 Days of Christmas:
- Write and mail little E's letter to Santa and walk down the street to put it in the mailbox.
- Attend the Illumination Ceremony on Parliament Hill on Dec 2nd
- Have a Christmas music dance party in our living room
- Go to a Santa Claus parade. (There are still a couple left in the outskirts of Ottawa on the 4th)
- Decorate our tree and house interior
- Decorate a gingerbread house
- Make paper snowflakes and decorate our windows
- Make Christmas cookies and enjoy them fresh out of the oven with a cup of hot chocolate
- Make homemade Christmas ornaments for our tree and for gifts
- Watch a Christmas movie
- Paint some gifts for family and friends at Gotta Paint
- Mail out our Christmas cards - this can be fun, right?
- Purchase and donate a toy for Toy Mountain
- Watch classic Christmas TV shows together (Rudolph, Frosty, Charlie Brown)
- Bake Christmas treats for family and friends
- Go for a horse drawn carriage ride in the Byward market and listen to the holiday choirs
- Walk around the neighbourhood and look at all the beautiful outdoor lights
- Get little E's picture taken with Santa
- Visit my family on the farm before Christmas
- Take little E on a sleigh ride to the park and make a snowman
- Go crazy-carpeting down the hill at our local park
- Go public skating
- Curl up with blankets and read Christmas stories before bed
- It's Christmas Eve! Visit my Hubby's Nanny and have appetizers and treats while listening to Frank Sinatra and Elvis Presley Christmas music
- It's Christmas Day! Enjoy the morning with our little family and the afternoon with Hubby’s side of the family
I'm really looking forward to starting this new tradition with our family! Can ya tell?!