Monday, November 1, 2010

Bad Snow!

There is something about wearing heels that makes me feel confident.  This morning I put on some of my favourite heels.  I love these heels – my coworkers call them my “blue shiny shoes”.

Out the door at 7:15am with little E in my arms along with his diaper bag for day care and my purse and lunch bag.  I guess you could say I was a little weighed down.  I saw the snow on the steps and so did he.  “Know!” he proclaims (hasn’t figured out the ‘s’ yet).  “Yes, honey that’s snow”,  I said.  Next thing I know I am all twisted up on the wooden steps with a screaming toddler on top of me.  Ouch!  I completely slipped on the icy steps and in trying to protect him I twisted my leg back and fell on my elbow.  Serves me right.  I guess I was a little too confident.  I had my arms tightly around him so he was unhurt – just completely terrified.  Poor little thing.  My foot was throbbing, but I couldn’t think about my scraped and bruised foot and had to comfort him as he screamed bloody murder.  (Poor neighbours!)

Once he was settled down enough to get in the car we were off to daycare.  I knew it wouldn’t be a good “drop-off” day.  As I passed him off to his day care provider, he sobbed “Know, know, know”.  It was like he was trying to tell her the story and how evil the snow was for making Mommy fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment