Thursday, October 21, 2010

I'm doin' me

It's funny how things happen.

I had been thinking so much about starting my own blog - but was having such a hard time taking the plunge. Yesterday morning, I wrote my first post. Yeah for me!

On my lunch break at work I picked up the Ottawa Citizen (which I rarely get around to reading) and read the cover page of the Life section. I read a great article about Erica Diamond titled “Stop Existing, Start Living”. Hey! That’s what I’m trying to do! The article was about the launch of Erica’s book, “The 99 Things Women Wish They Knew Before ... Starting Their Own Business”. Erica also writes a personal blog, which I immediately had to check out and add to my blogroll (http://www.womenonthefence.com/). I love her blog - so inspiring! (Side note: I love that she quotes "Oh! The Places You'll Go" - one of my favourite reads with little E).

I have been dreaming about starting my own business for some time now. Pre-baby I had dreams of being my own boss and of financial freedom. Post-baby I often dream about being a Mompreneur and being able to spend more time with little E. I’ve had countless chats and laughs with friends on how to achieve this goal and I think I may have a couple ideas up my sleeve…

It’s funny how things happen. Yesterday, I took my first step and immediately after, Erica Diamond gave me a little push (unknown to her – thanks Erica!).

Although I don’t know the exact direction of this blog yet, I do know why I am blogging - for ME. Not for little E, not for Hubby, just for Me, Myself and I.

So as Canadian rapper, Drake, would put it, “What am I doin’? What am I doin’? Oh yeah, that’s right, I’m doin’ me”.

No comments:

Post a Comment