Monday, October 25, 2010

Dinner Diary - Week of Oct 25

It is really important in my family to plan our meals in advance because of our hectic weekday schedules. Both Hubby and I work full-time day hours and play sports a couple times a week in the evenings. Hubby also coaches hockey. What works for us is planning our meals out before we go grocery shopping on the weekend. It also helps us keep to a budget at the grocery store - the one place that I could spend hours at! We love food :) We usually always post our meal plan on the fridge and it helps to keep it as a reminder to prepare things the night before.

My goal now is to also post my dinner plans here to keep me on track and motivated to stick to our plans!

This week's line-up:

Monday - Chicken fajitas, brown rice and homemade guacamole
Tuesday - Crockpot lasagna with ground beef and homemade bread
Wednesday - Bacon omelettes on whole wheat wraps
Thursday - Ginger chicken and vegetable stirfry and orzo pasta
Friday - Salmon and sweet potato cakes and quinoa vegetable salad

I prepare the bulk of the meals the night before and left overs are perfect for lunches at work the next day. 

As little E says, "Nummy!"

No comments:

Post a Comment